Welcome to the CCBA’s Dwinell Pool
Make your visit to our pool a safe and pleasant one. If you are new, please see the lifeguard to go over our rules or answer any questions you may have.
- Health regulations require swimmers to shower before entering the pool or whirlpool.
- There are no personal displays of affection. Please be considerate of other members.
- No glass, food, drink, gum or street shoes are allowed in the pool area.
- Prolonged underwater swimming (breath holding) and hyperventilation is not allowed.
- Shoulder length hair should be tied back or a bathing cap worn.
- People with severe cuts or open sores are not permitted to use the pool or whirlpool.
- Please remove any Band-Aids before using the pool or whirlpool.
- No disposable diapers. Swim diapers may be purchased at the front desk.
- All swimmers must wear appropriate swimwear. Cut off shorts are not allowed.
- No dunking, spitting of water, blowing one’s nose, splashing, throwing children, or hanging onto others.
- You may bring toys from home to use in the pool at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty at the time.
- An adult must be in the water with any non-swimmers.
- Air-filled personal flotation devices are not permitted. We strongly recommend use of lifejackets by children
who are non-swimmers. The adult who accompanies the non-swimming child must stay within arm’s reach of the child and remain in the shallow end.
- All swimmers must be able to swim successfully on their own and pass the deep end test before going in
water past their chest. Please see the lifeguard on duty to administer the test. The test involves jumping in the deep end, swimming to the halfway mark in the pool with their face in the water, and treading water for a minute. Once they pass, they can use the deep end and diving board, if available.
- The diving board is usually available during family swim times, but there may be times when the lifeguard
needs to close it. You are not allowed to catch children underneath the diving board.
- Only CCBA staff may provide personal training, sport instruction, fitness instruction or coaching in our facility.
- No diving in the shallow end.
- No diving into lap lanes. Enter lanes from the shallow end and alert any other swimmers in the lane. If there are
more than two swimmers in a lane, please circle swim.
- No hanging on or swimming over lane lines, lifelines or rails on the ramp.
- Lap swimming is for swimmers 12 years and older, competitive swimmers with a parent or those that have
received permission from our Program Director.
- Approximately 10 minutes before a schedule change, we remove or add lap lanes.
- In the event of lightning, the CCBA pool will close for 30 minutes. If the pool is closed for an
extended period, you may be issued another day pass, but no refunds will be given.
- Failure to follow the lifeguard’s instructions or rules may result in being asked to leave the pool area and/or
the facility without refunds.
- Family Swim – Prior to entering the 4th grade and non-swimmers MUST be accompanied by an adult member in
the water. 2-3 lap lanes are available for lap swimmers.
- Masters Swim program (not included in membership) for ages 16 & older. The pool is
closed while the Masters team is practicing.
- Swim Lessons – Some or all of the pool may be closed, please check schedule.
- Aqua Fit – Some or all of the pool may be closed, please check schedule.
- The pool schedule is subject to change without notice.
- Please see any additional rules posted in the pool and whirlpool area.
- If a rule is not listed, our lifeguard will make all final decisions on any safety issues.
If you have any concerns or questions, please email Marie Derosier, Operations Director
or call 603-448-6477.